Proofreaders detail your car. Copyeditors repair and tune it up. As a developmental editor, I help you customize your car or build one from scratch—and detail it—and then I help you share it successfully.
Purpose: To help experts share ideas that change lives!
Principles: Integrity, collaboration, beginner’s mind, honoring the genius in everyone.
Process: Blend communications, digital, and business consulting skills.
Projects: Collaborating on grant writing, books, courses, email newsletters, social media, other content marketing, and software development.
As a sounding board, my listening presence helps you communicate your expertise. I often interview, record/transcript, then organize and edit to spark new ideas and capture your speaking voice. I also consult on process improvement.
How I got this way:
• Story-loving daughter of an industrial engineer.
• Took programming in high school and embraced digital collaboration in every career role.
• Majored in English. Two master’s degrees: English Language and Literature from Arizona State University and Master of Global Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management at ASU.
• Taught college courses in writing, research, critical thinking, presentation, and digital skills including website creation and usability.
• Helped create technical, marketing, and instructional projects in government, corporate and academic environments.
• Collaborations have included courses, software, workshops, books, online content, training manuals, SOPs for manufacturing and business processes, case studies, press releases, proposals, newsletters, surveys and style guides.
• Inspired a solution for the dietary supplement industry’s greatest challenge, and consulted through development, beta-testing, configuration, implementation, marketing, and acquisition of a user-friendly, industry-standard product.
• Focusing these skills to advance social justice advocacy and global development.
Passionate about learning and creating, helping brilliant people develop systems for teaching others. Volunteering with Rotary and Thunderbird School of Global Management to create more peace and prosperity for all.
Ben Franklin’s collection included, “Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.” Let’s do both.