Consider that your book has been secretly growing in the silence. Your subconscious is all over it, and you might have more of it on paper than you realize. Check for evidence of your story or your area of expertise in various corners of your life. Have you. . . .
- Blogged about it?
- E-mailed anyone?
- Taught a class?
- Discussed it with someone?
- Gotten on a soapbox about it?
- Been told you should write a book about it?
- Started a draft?
- Made notes on scraps of paper?
- Dreamed about it?
- Daydreamed about it?
- Read other books like it?
- Wished for a book that doesn’t exist yet?
If you want, you can start hunting and gathering. Or you can simply open your awareness to the clues. Observe that you are already writing a book. Is this book your usual suspect? Or has another book emerged to surprise you?
Text © Gwyn Nichols 2013. All rights reserved. WritersResort.com
Image: i found you! © John Kounadeas, iStockPhoto #4374786
- Write Your Book This Year: Week 1 Start Very Small (writersresort.com)